I had written this particular article one year ago as a part of my work. It is an inspired work, with my inputs.
Some tips to improve in your life:
- Accept and celebrate differences. We are all different. We understand the world in many ways. Certainly, we expect a lot of things from people around us. We feel more comfortable when people understand and listen to us. It would be boring if we were all the same. So accepting and celebrating that we are all different is a great starting point.
- Develop empathy. Here is a famous saying: “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Empathy means putting yourself in another person’s shoes and understanding the situation. It helps to improve your behavior with that person and even with others. For example, how would feel when you would be sent to another school next week and that too in a different city? Of course, you would want people there to be friendly and accepting.
Empathy also means “reading” another person’s real condition and doing something that will help the other person and offer support and develop mutual trust.
Every relationship teaches us something. By building positive relationships with others, we will be happier, satisfied, and feel more supported, supportive, and connected.
- Develop your communication skills. Communication takes place when someone understands you, not just when you speak to others. It is not important that whatever you speak is understood by all. Poor communication of your ideas and feelings can show you as a different person in front of others. This can lead to stress and trouble. So, speak in manner that everybody understands.
- Learn to give and take feedback. Feedback means a response or a reaction that one receives in return for the product, task or a presentation which leads one to improvement.
Feedback always adds to your progress. It may not always sound good. Providing constructive feedback to others helps them polish their skills and abilities. It is good for improving relationships. It is a free information and you can choose whether you want to take it or not. It can change you to better.
- Reasons to have good relationships. Human beings are naturally social creatures – we look for friendship and positive talks. It is similar to the need for food and water. So, it means the better our relationships are at your place of work or a class, the happier and more active we would be.
Good relationships have following benefits:
- We enjoy our work with people we have good relationships with. People are ready to accept the changes we want to bring; they are ready to learn from us; they are with us when we need them.
- We spend time and energy to solve problems associated. But, with negative relationships, we cannot think of all such things.
- Good relationships help us to improve. We trust others and they start to trust us.